The Richmond Christmas Fund is a non-religious, non-discriminatory program. We provide assistance to low-income individuals and families living in Richmond, BC, who do not have the financial means to celebrate the holidays.
The Christmas Fund provides eligible individuals and families with grocery vouchers: one per family member, up to a maximum of four vouchers per household. Families with children aged 11 and under will also receive a selection of new toys and books, while youth between the ages of 12 and 17 will be given gift cards.
To receive assistance from the Christmas Fund, you must show the following documents when you register:
• Picture ID for yourself
• CareCards for all family members being registered
• Proof of Richmond residency, such as a hydro bill, rent receipt, driver’s license, BCID, or BC Services Card
• An original document that proves you are currently enrolled in at least one of the following government income assistance programs:
• BC Disability Assistance
Canada Pension Plan Disability Benefits will not be accepted
• Try to prepare your documents as early as possible. This will ensure that, if a document is missing, you'll have time to contact the appropriate agency and get a replacement.
• All documents must be current. Unfortunately, we cannot confirm your eligibility with outdated documentation.
• If you or members of your household are enrolled in multiple income assistance programs, it's helpful to have documentation for all of them. The more information you provide, the more easily we can assess your eligibility.
• You will not qualify for assistance without the required documentation. If you have questions about your eligibility or any of your documents, please call 604-279-7035 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you've gathered the necessary documents, you can schedule a registration appointment, which will be held virtually, over Zoom. During your session, a Christmas Fund volunteer will assess your eligibility and, if you qualify, will then record your household information. This information is kept confidential, and is only used to determine the number of grocery vouchers and/or toys your household will receive.
To schedule your appointment, please click the link below:
(Hang tight! All virtual bookings are currently filled, but we'll be adding more spaces soon!)
• More details on your registration appointment will be sent via e-mail after you sign up. Please remember to check your junk mail folder, to ensure you don't miss important instructions.
• To login to your session, you'll need a stable internet connection, as well as a working microphone and camera.
• If necessary, a family member, friend, neighbour, or service provider can join you during your registration session to provide technical and/or interpretation assistance.
If you're not able to register online, a limited number of in-person appointments are available. Please call 604-279-7035 so we can discuss your situation and determine the best registration option.
At the end of your registration session, you will be given a day, time, and location to pick up your items. It's important that you come only during your assigned time, as your items may not be available otherwise.
Your pick-up window will be several hours long. There's no need to line up early, or to arrive right at the beginning. Your items - grocery vouchers, toys, gift cards - will have already been pre-packaged and reserved in your name. You will get the same thing whether you come early or later in the day.
Please bring picture ID so we can quickly confirm your identity and provide you with your pre-packaged items.
• You will not be able to choose toys for your children. We'll select items based on their ages, and create a bag of toys specifically for your family. Under no circumstances are you allowed to exchange or return items. We ask, as well, that you not open your bag until you leave the Christmas Fund pick-up area.
• Only one or two members of your household should come during your assigned pick-up time. Please do not bring any children.
• Depending on your pick-up location, and how busy we are, you may be required to line up outside. Please dress accordingly.
• You can ask a friend or neighbour to pick up items on your behalf. Please contact us ahead of time so we're aware of this arrangement.
• Contact us, as well, if you're not able to make your scheduled pick-up time. We'll do our best to move you to a different time slot. Note, however, that we cannot guarantee that a different pick-up time will be available.
• If you miss your scheduled pick-up time, you will no longer be eligible to receive assistance this year. As such, it's extremely important that you remember your assigned time slot.
• To contact the Christmas Fund, call 604-279-7035 or e-mail email@example.com.