The Richmond Christmas Fund is a non-religious, non-discriminatory program. We provide assistance to low-income individuals and families living in Richmond, BC, who do not have the financial means to celebrate the holidays.
Please note that the Christmas Fund is not a government program, and is supported almost entirely by donations from the community. The program exists thanks to the incredible generosity of Richmond residents.
The Christmas Fund provides eligible individuals and families with grocery gift certificates: one per family member, up to a maximum of four per household (while daily supplies last). Families with children 12 and under may also choose gifts for their children from our Toy Room. Teenagers aged 13 to 17 receive gift cards.
All applicants must bring the following:
• Picture ID for yourself
• CareCards for all family members being registered
• Proof of Richmond residency, such as a hydro bill, rent receipt, driver’s license, BCID, or BC Services Card
• An original document that proves you are currently enrolled in at least one of the following government income assistance programs:
For faster and easier registration, please bring as many proof-of-eligibility documents as you have available.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept documents that are shown on a smartphone or other digital device. Please bring paper copies with you.
A document that supported your eligibility in the previous year will not necessarily do so again this year. Please carefully read the 2018 eligibility criteria and required documentation to ensure you bring everything you need.
You will not qualify without the required documentation. Please call 604-279-7020 if you have any questions.
Registration is held at the Richmond Caring Place, 7000 Minoru Boulevard. The building opens at 8:00am.
• The Christmas Fund does same day registration and toy pick-up. Make sure to bring all required documents and be ready to bring toys home with you on the same day you register. We also ask that you arrange for child care, as children will not be allowed in the Toy Room.
• Please be prepared to pick up all toys on the same day that you register. Public transit is not recommended in case of bulky toys. Once you have finished taking your toys from the Toy Room, you will not be allowed to come back at a later time to exchange toys or to pick up toys left over by accident.
• To allow enough time to complete the registration process, please arrive at least two hours before registration ends.
• If the program is busy, you may be asked to wait outside the building. Please dress accordingly.
• We do not have a public phone or computer available on-site. If you need to call someone or access an online account to retrieve your eligibility documents, please do so before coming to register.