Applications are now open for the 2021 Dr. Bud Sipko Family Fund Scholarship. Keep reading for details on how to apply.
Please note that this scholarship is available exclusively to students currently enrolled in UBC's Dentistry program.
In 2021, two $2,500 scholarships are available.
The final day to apply is Friday, October 29. Please indicate if any reference letters will be received after this date.
Applications may be e-mailed, mailed, or hand delivered to the Richmond Community Foundation:
Richmond Community Foundation
190 – 7000 Minoru Blvd.
Richmond, BC V6Y 3Z5
There is no formal application; please send a letter or e-mail, including your full name, postal and e-mail addresses and UBC student number. Detail your connections to Richmond and your interest in Dentistry. In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must either currently, or in the past:
• have lived in Richmond;
• have worked and/or volunteered in Richmond; or
• have some other tangible connection to Richmond
Please include the following with your application:
• your resume or CV;
• one reference from a UBC Dentistry faculty member who can vouch for your scholastic and faculty achievements;
• a second reference from an agency or individual who can speak to your connections and contributions to Richmond; and
• a third reference who will attest to your contributions to any other community, including volunteerism or professional activities related to dentistry
Note that references need not be lengthy, but should detail the type of (volunteer or other) duties or work referenced, duration, quality, and attitude.
If you have any questions about the scholarship, application process, or eligibility criteria, please contact the Richmond Community Foundation at 604-270-4483 or firstname.lastname@example.org.