Applications for the 2019 Dr. Bud Sipko Scholarship are now closed. Information on next year's scholarship will be posted in October 2020, so be sure to check back then!
If you have any questions about the scholarship, application process, or eligibility criteria, the Richmond Community Foundation can be contacted at 604-270-4483 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that this scholarship is available exclusively to currently enrolled UBC Dentistry and Dental Hygiene students.
In 2019, two $1,000 scholarships were available: one each for a Dentistry student and a Dental Hygiene student.
The final day to apply was Tuesday, November 12. Please note any reference letters that may be received later than this date. Applications may be e-mailed, mailed, or hand delivered to the Richmond Community Foundation:
Richmond Community Foundation
190 – 7000 Minoru Blvd.
Richmond, BC V6Y 3Z5
There is no formal application; please send a letter or e-mail, including your full name, postal and e-mail addresses and UBC student number. Detail your connections to Richmond and your interest in Dentistry. In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must either currently, or in the past:
• have lived in Richmond;
• have worked and/or volunteered in Richmond; or
• have some other tangible connection to Richmond
Please include the following with your application:
• your resume or CV;
• one reference from a UBC Dentistry faculty member who can vouch for your scholastic and faculty achievements;
• a second reference from an agency or individual who can speak to your connections and contributions to Richmond; and
• a third reference who will attest to your contributions to any other community, including volunteerism or professional activities related to dentistry or dental hygiene
Note that references need not be lengthy, but should detail the type of (volunteer or other) duties or work referenced, duration, quality, and attitude.