All money donated via the link below goes to our Endowment Fund, which will be used to offer up cash prizes for future Arts Awards in Richmond – providing motivation and recognition to the people who make Richmond’s arts communities possible.
Yes! As we are building this endowment fund through the support of the Richmond Community Foundation, your donations will merit a tax receipt automatically!
Immediately after making your donation, you’ll receive an electronic tax receipt via e-mail. This will come as a PDF attachment which you can print and save for your records. The Canada Revenue Agency requires that tax receipts be issued in the name of the individual or organization making the donation. We cannot issue tax receipts in a name other than the name of the true donor. For more information, please refer to the Canada Revenue Agency’s website.
If you have any questions about your donation, contact the Richmond Community Foundation at 604-270-4483 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
By donating, you will be freeing up more of RAC’s resources to pursue our other goals. Here is a short list of our value as an organization:
– RAC is Your Voice for the Arts in Richmond. Ensure your art form/discipline is represented by RAC as we actively advocate to various levels of government and other organizations for further development and recognition of the importance of the Arts and Arts issues.
– RAC’s new website is up to date and interactive. Find a specific type of artist for an event or project, find out what events are happening in town, or just check the pulse of the Arts in Richmond. Arts news and calls for artists are promoted through our website, e-newsletter and social media. RAC features a “member of the week.”
– Our Executive Director works with Richmond organizations as well as the larger regional Arts community to recognize best practices and implement them.
– RAC has a Dynamic Board of Directors with a diverse range of skills and backgrounds.
– RAC has an excellent relationship with the City and its staff to help ensure an Arts friendly community.
– RAC advocates for fair payment for working artists. (e.g. We took the initiative to apply for grants to ensure fair compensation for artists to ensure a high level, professional Arts component of the annual Maritime Festival.)
– RAC has co-hosted the Richmond Arts Awards for the past 10 years in partnership with the City to showcase and celebrate individuals and organizations within the Arts fields.
– RAC played a significant role in advocating for dedicated Arts grants in the city and for more venues to exhibit and perform.
– RAC hosts ArtRich every 2 years, a successful showcase for local and regional visual artists and is developing new events to showcase other art forms.
Fantastic! To do so, please use the form below: