Scholarships are available to Richmond students who are entering a post-secondary institution directly after high school, as well as those who have taken a year off before beginning their post-secondary studies. If you have questions about your eligibility, please call 604-270-4483 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also encourage you to check out these Common Scholarship Myths, particularly if you’ve convinced yourself that you shouldn’t apply. Chances are, there’s a scholarship for you, and we wouldn’t want you to miss out on that opportunity!
• Derek Dang and Dr. Margaret Leung Scholarship – Any Post-Secondary Pursuit, Including Academic, Vocational, and Apprenticeship Programs
• Etta Demerse Scholarship – UBC, SFU, or Kwantlen
• Kronier Family Scholarship – Community Involvement, Any Post-Secondary Pursuit, Including Vocational and Apprenticeship Programs
• Michael Diston Memorial Scholarship – Fine Arts, General Arts (History, Social Sciences, Humanities), Apprenticeship Programs; Steveston-London Students Given Preference
• Phyllis Taylor Scholarship – Students of British, Scottish or Irish Descent and Who Have Musical and Performing Arts Talent; These Two Determinants Must be Demonstrated by an Additional Reference Letter for Each Attribute
• RichCity Idol Scholarship – Performing Arts
• Richmond Community Foundation Scholarship – Community Involvement
• Richmond Sunset Rotary Art Scholarship – Visual or Performing Arts
There is no requirement for a specific grade average for any scholarship and students who are pursuing trade and diploma courses are encouraged to apply in addition to those undertaking degree studies. The criteria for all the above scholarships include the following:
• A permanent Richmond resident
• Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
• Graduating, or have graduated within the past two years, from a secondary school in Richmond
• Applying to an accredited post-secondary school
• A demonstrated commitment to the community of Richmond
Notwithstanding the above, consideration will be given to those that demonstrate financial need.
Additional High School Scholarships
The Richmond Community Foundation offers a variety of scholarships not listed on this site, as they have alternate application procedures and deadlines. For more information on these scholarships, and how to apply, click here.